Aurecon’s process engineering capabilities encompass all aspects of municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment, as well as recycled water. In addition, we provide a comprehensive range of investigations, from feasibility studies through to detailed design of treatment plants, asset management and operations assistance.
Many of Aurecon’s senior engineers are prominent in academia. In Africa, our team are involved with many prestigious universities as visiting professors, examiners and lecturers. This ensures that we stay at the forefront of technology and innovation and can integrate the latest thinking and technologies into our projects.
This knowledge and experience enables us to investigate failing/over loaded treatment plants in order/with a view to optimise performance, including the design and incorporation of necessary upgrades. We are equally at home developing feasibility studies for greenfield treatment plants, through to the completion of construction, testing and commissioning.
We have significant national and international water and wastewater treatment capability to deliver technical project services spanning:
- Operational and asset management
- Potable water
- Recycled water and desalination
- Treatment plant design
- Treatment system planning
We have optimised treatment plant performance on a number of projects, including:
- Olifantsvlei Wastewater Treatment Works, Johannesburg, South Africa – expanded the existing treatment plant from 150ML per day to 250ML per day
- Adelaide Desalination Plant, South Australia – a 100GL per year plant, augmenting Adelaide’s potable water supplies
- Luggage Point Advanced Treatment Plant, Brisbane, Australia – appointed to provide the majority of project services relating to site assessment, plant design, impact and operations.
- Driftsands Wastewater Treatment Works, South Africa – complete process, civil, mechanical and electrical design to upgrade this wastewater treatment facility.